Dear Reading Elementary "Rockets" Families & Community Members:
Kudos and heartfelt thanks to:
- Ski Runner parent/community volunteer drivers - Pete Seaman, Sue Mulder, Kurt Allen, and Matt Maxham!
- All of you who have clipped and sent in Box Tops!
- The PTO for all they do to support our school!
Afterschool Program - THIS Wed., Feb. 1, there will ONLY be "Bookmaking" with Amy Harkins. The teachers must attend the Act 46 forum being held at the SU.
Non-Ski Runners Field Trip - For those students who have no participated in the Ski Runner program, we will be having a field trip on Fri., Feb. 17, to the Springfield Bowling Alley. "Orange" permission slips came home last week, so please sign and return to the office. The PTO has graciously agreed to support this trip and parents are asked to send spending money only.
Do You Know An RES Alumni? - Our library media/tech classes are conducting a survey and creating a digital living history to represent the past and present of Reading Elementary School and we need your help! Did you attend Reading Elementary School? Do you know someone who did? If you did, then please complete the survey and ask other alumni, to complete the attached SURVEY. Students will be researching their town and school history and preserving it digitally. Check out what we've done so far at RES PAST AND PRESENT.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP READING SCHOOL
- Come to a Reading Elementary School Board Meeting!
- Come read to the students or volunteer to help in the library!
LUNCH & BREAKFAST MENU FOR THIS WEEK:
Please send in your payment if you have not already done so. Lunch accounts should be paid in full each month. If you need help complete the Free/Reduced Paperwork, we are here to help! ALL APPLICATIONS are kept confidential. Thank you!
- Mon., Jan. 30 - Chicken Sesame Noodles, Pineapple, Broccoli, Cauliflower; Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & the Regulars
- Tues., Jan. 31- Denver Omelet Cups Oranges, Rainbow Peppers, Butternut Squash, WG English Muffin; Breakfast: Hard Boiled Eggs - The Regulars
- Wed., Feb. 1 - Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Apples,Bean Salad; Breakfast: German Pancake- The Regulars
- Thurs., Feb. 2 - Spaghetti with meat sauce, Pears, Spinach with Carrots; Breakfast: Hard Boiled Egg - The Regulars
- Fri., Feb. 3 - Tuna sandwiches, Tangerines, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers Cherry tomatoes ; Breakfast: Fried Eggs - The Regulars
Happening this Week:
- Mon, Jan. 30 -
- Mindfulness Training continues in Classrooms
- Library/Media Tech - do you have any library books to turn in????
- Tues., Jan. 31 - VINS visits Pre-K & K
- Wed., Feb. 1-
- NO After School Program 2:45 - 5 PM except Bookmaking
- Physical Ed. day - please have students bring appropriate footwear!
- PTO Meeting 6 PM
- Fri., Feb. 3 - Ski Runners
Mark Your Calendar/Upcoming Events:
- Fri., Feb. 10 - Ski Runners
- Sun., Feb. 12 - PTO Pasta Night 4 - 7 PM
- Fri., Feb. 17 -
- Ski Runners
- Non-Ski Runners - Bowling Field Trip
- Mon., Feb. 20 - Fri., Feb. 24 - NO SCHOOL
- Fri., March 3 -
- NAEP - 9:30 - 11 AM
- Last Day Ski Runners