Kudos and heartfelt thanks to:
- The parents who drove our students to swimming in Pre-K, K, 1/2 and 5/6!
- Everyone who supported their students during testing the last few weeks by having them here on time and ready to demonstrate their knowledge!
- Mr. Dino Zampini for volunteering and helping with "spring clean-up" on our grounds!
Other Items of Interest:
Act 46 Revote - There is a "revote" this Wed., May 31, on whether or not RES should become part of the consolidated supervisory district. Voting will be from 7 AM - 7 PM at the Town Hall. There have been consistent alternative structure committee meetings. For more information, please contact Board Member Dona Martin, or community members Rachel Navaro, or Peter Seamen.
PBIS Schoolwide Celebrations - As a school, we encourage positive behavior by students receiving blue "respect" tiles which go into a large "Respect Rocket" every Friday. This past week, our students FILLED the rocket! So RES students will be celebrating "positive behavior" choices over the next two weeks. These celebrations are "experiences" - not material objects. On Tuesday, members of our student council will be telling the students about the following choices. Please don't tell your students about it. as the students want to announce it. We're sharing it with you so you can plan accordingly if you want to help your student decorate a hat, etc. NO need to buy anything for this - homemade is encouraged!
- Wed., May 31 -
- "R" - "Ridiculous Hat" - Students can wear crazy hats so long as they are not distracting to learning.
- "E" Extra Recess - 10 min. extra recess today!
- Thurs., June 1 -
- "S" - Slipper Day" - Students need to wear normal shoes outside for recess, but otherwise slipper day!
- "P" - Pajama Day - Students can wear appropriate pj's ALL day.
- Tues., June 6 -
- "E" - Extra buddy day - Students can bring in their favorite stuffed animal to carry all day.
- "C" - Crazy hair day - Students can wear their hair however they want to today - no need to even brush it!
- Fri.. June 9 -
- "T" - Time to crunch - popcorn or pretzels during our final CELEBRATION!
- 1 - 2:30 PM- "MOVIE" time in the multipurpose room. Students can bring favorite blankets, pillows for students to watch a school-wide movie!
Playground Rules - If your family is staying to enjoy our beautiful playground after school, that's great. PLEASE help us by putting all toys away in the "ball" cabinet and cover the sandbox.
Photos - If anyone has any photos from any field trips they could share with me for the blog I'd appreciate it.
Pre-K families: Our trip to the Montshire Museum is coming up on . Please look for permission slips to be signed in your child's cubby this week.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP READING SCHOOL
- Come read to the students or volunteer to help!
- Serve on the RES Board!
LUNCH & BREAKFAST MENU FOR THIS WEEK:
Please send in your payment if you have not already done so. Lunch accounts should be paid in full each month. Thank you!
- Tues., May 30 - Coconut Chicken, Oranges, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Whole Grain Rice; Breakfast: Hard boiled Eggs - The Regulars
- Wed., May 31 - Black Bean & Sweet Corn Salad, Cottage Cheese, Apples, Carrots, Potatoes & Avocadoes, Whole Grain Corn Chips- Breakfast: Omelet w/Sausage & The Regulars
- Thurs., June 1- Chicken sesame noodles, Strawberries, Broccoli, Whole grain noodles; Breakfast: Scrambled EggS - The Regulars
- Fri., June 2 - Taco Bake, Pears, Mixed Green Salad, Whole Grain Tortillas; Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & The Regulars
Happening this Week:
- Mon., May 29 - NO SCHOOL - MEMORIAL DAY!
- Tues., May 30 - Gr. 1/2 Jr. Rangers 8 - 2:30 PM
- Wed., May 31 - Act 46 REVOTE - 7 AM - 7 PM - PLEASE vote!
- Thurs., June 1 -
- Pre-K 4 yr. old Swim Lessons 8:15 - 10:30 AM
- Fri., June 2 -
- Gr. 1/2 - Jr. Rangers 8-2:30 PM
- Gr. 5/6 Swim Lessons 12 - 2:30 PM
- Mon., June 5 -
- Gr.. 1/2 Swim Lessons -Edgar May Center- Springfield 8:15 -10:30 AM
- K Picnic at Weathersfield 11 - 12
- K Swimming 12:30 - 2:30 PM
- Tues., June 6 - VINS visits K/Pre-K
- Wed., June 7 -
- Pre-K/K Field Trip to Montshire Museum
- RES PTO Meeting 6 PM
- Mon., June 12 -
- Gr. 1/2 Junior Rangers & Camp Drinker
- K Bon Voyage Party - 1 - 2:30 PM
- Wed., June 14 -
- Last Day of School - Students dismissed at NOON!
- "Step-Up" Day for 6th graders at WMS