Dear Reading Elementary "Rockets" Families & Community Members,
Normally this is the last blog, but there's so much more news to come out this week, there will be another blog next Sunday, June 17, with information for summer happenings, the 2018-19 after school brochure and sign-up sheet, fall dates, photos, etc., so please check out next week's blog!
Sadly, we will say farewell to a few staff this week who are moving on to other jobs. They have all been an important part of our family and we will miss them, but wish them only the brightest of futures and blessings!
- Rose Grenier - Our PE Teacher who will work closer to home.
- Leticia Denoya - Gr. 1/2 Teacher who is moving to CT with her fiancee.
- Joan Nagle - General Paraeducator - working closer to her home in NH.
- Liza Dionne - She will be working on her degree, but will be subbing for us next year.
- Hilder Allen - Kitchen Assistant (laid off by WCUD in lieu of a pending food service)
Kudos and heartfelt thanks to:
- The folks who helped at Saturday's fundraiser on the bike race!
- Thank you to all who zeroed out their lunch accounts!
- Chaperones who helped out on the all school field trip!
WCUD Board Meeting - Mon., June 10, 2018, 6:00 PM - Agenda HERE.
Gr. 6 Celebration - Please join us as we celebrate at 5 PM on Tuesday, June 12, as our 6th graders leave the RES nest and move on to the middle school. They will spend a half day at the middle school on Wed., June 13. This year we have moved it to the evening so working parents could make it, but every grade has a role in the ceremony. Please bring your child to school by 4:45 PM to participate. Afterwards, the PTO will be providing cupcakes.
Message from Mrs. Grenier:
Dear Reading Rocket Families,
It is hard to believe that our school year is quickly coming to an end. With this said, I would like to thank everyone for a great year in Physical Education. To end the year we will be celebrating with field day activities on Tuesday, June 12. All activities will be outside unless it becomes unsafe. To help make this event be the most enjoyable for your student, please consider packing the following items:
Change of clothes
Thank you for your help and support!
Dear Band Families,
What an incredible year our bands had. When you think back to September, some of them didn't even know how to hold their instruments. Now they are able to perform band arrangements. As we come to the end of the school year, I would like to remind you to encourage them to continue to practice over the summer. It would also be great if they could take the band class with Mr. Henderson at Summer SOAK. If your child borrowed a school instrument and would like to play during the summer, please consider renting or purchasing one for them. It's definitely worth the investment. Thanks so much for all your help and support. I truly appreciate it!
Have a great summer,
After School Survey - 2018-2019 - We need your help to complete the survey that came home Friday or you can download and print it here if you didn't get it! Please send them in as soon as possible.
- Donate gently used items for our yard sale prior to July !
- Bake items for our bake sale on 7/1/18!
- Serve on the 2018-19 After School Advisory Council!
- Teach a workshop at next year's after school program!
Happening this Week:
- Mon., June 11 -
- Art w/Mrs. Kaija
- PK 3 Field Trip to Spring Brook Farm
- Last Afterschool All-Stars 2:30 - 5:30
- 6:00 PM WCUD Board Meeting, SU
- Tuesday, June 12
- Cuddly Animal Day - students can bring a stuffed animal (any size) as we reached the "C" in our PBIS "Respectacle Rocket Ship." If a stuffed animal becomes a distraction, teachers will assign it its own seat. (It is the last week of school.....)
- Field Day 12:30 - 2:15 PM
- 6th Grade Celebration 5 PM - All students should attend.
- Wed., June 13 -
- Spanish w/Ms. Liebley
- PK Celebration 11:30 AM- Outside on playground weather permitting. If it is raining, it will be held in the multi-purpose room.
- Lunch 10:45 - 11:15 (No snack being served because of the early lunch!
- Half day - Students dismissed at 11:25 AM
- 6th Grade Step-Up Day to the Middle School
- 6 PM Board Meeting
- Thurs., June 14 -
- Music w/Ms. Morton
- Lunch 10:45 - 11:15 AM (No snack being served with the early lunch.)
- LAST DAY - Students dismissed at 11:25 AM!
- End of Year Slide Slow 10:30 AM
Mark Your Calendar/Upcoming Events:
- Sun., July 1 - Old Home Days PTO Fundraiser!
- Wed., Aug. 29 - 1st Day of School 2018-19 - PTO Breakfast !
LUNCH & BREAKFAST MENU FOR NEXT WEEK:
PLEASE pay off your lunch account balance through the end of the year. Thank you for helping us keep our costs down!
***Breakfast is served from 7:15 - 7:30 AM only. ****
Mon.June 11- Pita Ham Melt, Apples, Mixed Green Salad w/Carrots
Tues., June 12 - Rice Bowl with all the Fixins
Wed, June 13 - Open Faced Cheese Sandwiches & Tomato Soup, Salad
Thurs., June 14 -Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Watermelon