It's hard to believe this is the LAST "Rockets Report" family blog of the 2016-17 school year. There will be more photos posted on this blog after this week ends. This week looks like summer weather will finally arrive, so it's a good thing this is our last week! We look forward to seeing you in July at the "Old Days" celebrations!
Kudos and heartfelt thanks to:
- The PTO for helping coordinate the cupcakes for the 6th grade celebration!
- All the parents who came to the Special Board Meeting regarding the reconsideration of an Act 46 vote.
- Community member Jane Cleveland and Nina Salvatore who help out with the library!
Other Items of Interest:
Lunch Bills - PLEASE make sure your lunch accounts are paid off before the last day of school. Heather works so hard to make the ends connect, and every dollar helps! If you want to donate $ towards someone's overdue account, just give the $ to Heather or the office. Thanks!
New Windsor Central Superintendent Survey - The new superintendent will be taking charge of the SU effective July 1, 2017. She has asked that you complete a survey so she can get to know the district. Please read this MEMO which includes the survey link.
Summer Office Hours & Contact - The school office is closed during the summer. None of us are scheduled to work in the summer, but I will be in and out, as will our some of our teachers from time-to-time. I am taking four grad classes this summer for my library media/tech work, so please call me on my cell phone, 802-779-5577, or text, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Books - Please check your house for any library books or school books that haven't been turned in yet.
New Staff - We are finishing up the hiring process for the 2017-18 school year. We have found a highly qualified 1/2 and a physical education teacher to join the Reading Staff. Once contracts are signed, I will send out an update with names and contact information. We plan to have an open house one afternoon in August, so parents can meet the new staff.
Blog "Rockets Report" - So as the year comes to a close, there's a whole year's worth of blogs to document our year! Wow, we've been busy! I often wonder as I spend hours a week creating the blog, if it's really helpful to parents. What should I add? Delete? Would you rather have a paper newsletter? SO I'm attaching a very brief survey HERE that I'd greatly appreciate you completing. Thanks for those of you who have e-mailed me throughout the year expressing your thoughts on it! The website will be revamped this summer!
OTHER WAYS TO HELP READING SCHOOL
- Need a little help with weeding & painting! Please volunteer!
- Volunteer to help do some little repair projects!
- Serve on the RES Board - there's still an opening!
LUNCH & BREAKFAST MENU FOR THIS WEEK:
Please send in your payment if you have not already done so. Lunch accounts should be paid in full each month. Thank you!
- Mon., June 12 - Whole Grain Crust Pizza, Oranges, Mixed Green Salad, Tomatoes; Breakfast: Hash & The Regulars
- Tues., June 13 - Cheesy Whole Grain Noodles w/Meat, Strawberries, Broccoli; Breakfast: Hard boiled Eggs - The Regulars
- Wed., June 14 - Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches on Whole Grain Bread, Tangerines, Carrots & Cucumer,; Breakfast: German Pancake & The Regulars
Happening this Week:
- Mon., June 12 -
- Gr. 1/2 Junior Rangers 8:15 - 2:30 PM & Camp Drinker
- K Bon Voyage Party - 1 - 2:30 PM
- Tues., June 13 -
- 6th Grade Graduation Ceremony 1 - 2 PM
- Wed., June 14 -
- Pre-k Families: Last day Slide show celebration
- Last Day of School - Students dismissed at NOON!
- "Step-Up" Day for 6th graders at WUHS
- Report Cards come home!
- Thurs., June 15 - Staff at Planning Retreat away from School for 2017-18 School Year
- Fri., June 16 -8 - 2 PM - Libbet and Cathy will be in school should you have questions on need to stop by!
Mark Your Calendar/Upcoming Events:
- Wed., June 21 - RES Board Meeting 6:30 PM
- Tues., July 25 - 3rd Act 46 Reconsideration Vote 7 AM - 7 PM Town Hall
- Wed., Aug. 16 - RES Board Meeting 6:30 PM
- Sun., Aug. 27 - 1st Blog of 2017-18
- Wed., Aug. 30 - 1st Student Day for 2017-18 School - 1st Day Breakfast Provided by the PTO
- Mon., Sept. 4 - Labor Day